ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognized Quality Management System standard and is based on the idea of continual improvement. Achieving ISO 9001 compliance can help organizations efficiently and consistently meet the standards of their customers. This is achieved by building a framework that aligns with an organization’s values and ensures consistent quality in providing goods and services.
Organizations of all types and sizes are able to benefit from being IOSO 9001 compliant. One of the primary aspects of ISO 9001 is the risk-based approach that identifies opportunities and flags potential hazards. It also determines suitable actions to be taken. This method guarantees you can achieve the desired results with your Quality Management System.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on seven quality management concepts, which include having an emphasis on customer experience and a drive for continual improvement.
The seven quality management principles are:
1 – Customer focus
2 – Leadership
3 – Engagement of people
4 – Process approach
5 – Improvement
6 – Evidence-based decision making
7 – Relationship management
The principles are not ordered by priority. The relative importance of each principle varies from organization to organization and may change over time.
MJM Industries has utilized the 7 Quality Management Principles in our own implementation of ISO 9001:2015. This has led to significant benefits in our customer satisfaction, greater efficiency, lower scrap, reduced risk, and a greater success rate, to list a few of the benefits. Not only has our customer base reaped the rewards, but our employees have as well. A greater emphasis on training and empowering our staff to contribute to the continuous improvement process has led to boosting job satisfaction for our employees.
Why should your business earn ISO certification?
An ISO 9001 certification provides verification to your staff, customers, and others that customer satisfaction is an integral part of your business. Implementing an ISO system will help your organization assess the overall conditions within and clearly define objectives while identifying new business opportunities. It will help to achieve:
- Improved customer satisfaction. By putting your customers first, you will be able to increase customer satisfaction and ensure their needs are being properly met.
- Higher operating efficiency. You can reduce costs by focusing on quality while decreasing internal costs.
- Increased revenue. Your organization may gain more notable customers because of your quality measures, evidenced by having ISO certification.
- Improvement of your credibility. Having earned ISO certification demonstrates that an organization has gone above and beyond expectations in meeting regulatory requirements that are oftentimes required by customers.
- Upgrade your decision-making process. Being able to identify problems quickly and having steps in place to resolve them appropriately and quickly improves overall efficiency.
Why is ISO certification so important to MJM Industries?
In addition to being ISO certified, MJM Industries also engages the PDCA (Plan-Do-Act-Check) method of quality assurance outlined by Kaizen and Six Sigma. These systems of quality assurance guide us to continually improve and meet the more demanding requirements of our customer base. This has allowed MJM Industries to grow and prosper when the industry as a whole has recently faced turbulent times. With our Quality Management System in place, MJM Industries has prospered where other contract manufacturers may have not.
MJM Industries is a world-class, custom contract manufacturing company that specializes in a variety of custom wire assemblies and engineering services. Our team is committed to quality assurance and offering the best value to our customers. Visit our Quality page to view our ISO certificate.